Tuesday, January 24, 2006

27 million Iraqis are free

Yesterday, President Bush gave a speech on the Global War on Terror at Kansas State University. During the question-and-answer session, an Iraqi American expressed her gratitude for the liberation of the Iraqi people:

Q: "Hello, Mr. President. I am an American Iraqi Kurd. I would like to salute you and salute all the troops are freeing 27 million people. They are free." (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: "Thank you."

Q: "Mr. President, I would like to share this thought with all our nation and everybody who is questioning what happened to the chemical weapons. Saddam burned 4,500 villagers. I lost more than 10 members of my family under the ground. We found their bones after, when we freed Iraq. Saddam, himself, and his people, his followers, they are chemical weapons. Please stop questioning the administration and their decision. It was the best decision anybody could take. Freeing 27 million people." (Applause.)

No comments: